Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spiritually Exhausted


Week 36-37 ...


Today has been a long day for me, first we went to our early morning doctor appointments, then to the grocery store, and then to the park. All which took up most of the day and left me sitting on the computer at 6pm writing about how tired I am. Which, by the way, I am very tired.
 So the past couple of weeks have been hectic. We joined three different homeschool groups all in which started last week. My exhaustion from last week has overlapped with this week and in doing so  school has been difficult. Or just not done. But hey, I do school year round, so I'll catch up later... :-)
 In the mix of all this, though, I did manage to clean off the counter and the floor. Hopefully that will be enough for today, am I right?
 Have you ever had days like mine? Where your just so tired you don't even want to get out of bed in the morning? Well, there are two different kinds of exhaustion, and the one I will be talking about is Spiritual Exhaustion.
 Have you ever heard of such a thing? Yes, it's a real thing. And no, it's not fun. In the midst of all this exhaustion of mine, I have been spiritually exhausted to. I feel like my faith has been running the same straight line for to long, and my relationship with God has gotten nowhere. Where are the ups and downs that I've said I hated but would like to have again? With none of that, I feel like I have been in the same spot, without movement for weeks. Which is partly true. Going through the same motions everyday is boring. Where is the variety? I guess I'm that type of person. It works for some people but it doesn't work for me.
 Well, that time was really difficult for me. I didn't know what to do anymore. I started to text my (very spiritual) friend, and she helped me through and she used scripture to do so. It was definitely a God thing. 
 After going through the healing process, I felt led to send a letter to my friend (who lives thousands of miles away) who I felt may have needed some help. After she got the letter she sent me a text and told me what was going on in her life, and she really needed a friend. God led my friend to help me, and God led me to help my friend, and now she will help someone so the chain may continue. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

 So if your ever in a tough spot in you relationship with Christ, go to someone you know will help you. Go to your youth pastor, or your mom, or your dad (whoever you feel comfortable with).
And then continue the chain- go share the love! 

No comments: