Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter + Week 17 :-)


My family and I recently started a new movie series, you may have heard of it before, Once Upon A Time. It's really good, yet very addicting. :-/ (Honestly, I try to avoid those kind of movies. It's all I ever think about during the day)

Anyways, in the movie Emma Swan is supposed to be the "savior." Her job is to make the happily-ever-after's come back. My sister and I really enjoy figuring out who and how she "saved" people. Cinderella is a good example of what I mean. If it weren't for Emma, Cinderella's boyfriend wouldn't have come back and her baby would have been taken. But because Emma was there she got to keep her baby and she doesn't have to raise the baby on her own.

While my sister and I enjoy finding the "clues" in the movie, we are oblivious to what God is doing- in our world- to save us. Constantly we are hearing about the miracles that happened to (example:) Rachel and James and how God restored there marriage. Or how Steve lost his job and was afraid to tell his wife and kids the news, yet new he had to. Then a job opportunity came up only a week later, Hallelujah! But we don't pay any attention to those things. Just the addicting things, such as TV.

Do you see what I'm getting at? So what I'm going to do is change our way of thinking. This world can be good, it just depends on which way you look at it. You can look at it as a world full of sin or you can look at it as a world full of Miracles. Look through God's eyes, not your own.
Jesus died to make that difference. He gave Himself up so that you may see through God's eyes. So that you may have hope. So that you may live with the love God is so willing to give. So that you may love others with God's love, which is Unfailing.
 
 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

And death, it couldn't keep Him. <3

What are you doing this Easter, and why do you celebrate it?

No comments: