Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day Forty-Nine

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. Proverbs 31:17
 
Have you ever heard of the famous Proverbs 31 Woman? Have you ever wanted to be like her? I know I do. But how do you become a Proverbs 31 Woman? (I'm starting to sound like a commercial for a website or something, lol) Well, start by reading Proverbs 31 (it's not very long, so it shouldn't take to much time). If you are not a woman, that's okay, this post could still be helpful for you. In the verse above it says she works hard, not to provide food for her family (that's men's work) but to make it, to cook, clean, and enjoy what she is doing. But how could you do all that and still be happy while doing it?
 
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secrets of being happy in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13
 
I know what I must do in life, being a girl myself I know my own duties. Cook, clean, take care of my little brothers. And even in the future I know what needs to be done. And I must do it faithfully, and happily. Knowing that I will make my Lord proud.
 
So todays challenge is to make God proud of you. Do what He's led you to do. Whether it's going to California to work for some big company, or staying where you are and being an at home mom. Do what He is leading you to do.
 
 

No comments: