Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Thirteen

"I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don't let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me say to you 'I am going, but I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you should be happy that I am going back to the Father, because he is greater than I am." John 14:27-28
 
 
Often times I find my self in a pickle (not literally). I am stuck in the troubles of this world, and I try to find peace in electronics, books, computer time. But that's not what's going to help me. I can only find true, everlasting peace in one place. In Christ. And sometimes, if I lose that peace, I blame the Lord for not keeping His peace in my heart. But it's not His fault. It's mine. After I was full of enough peace, I decided I didn't need Him anymore. But that wasn't true. I will always need my God. Forever and ever! Todays Challenge is to find Gods Peace, and not let go of it.

No comments: